What are the available possible categories for solar rooftop? For whom CFA is applicable for grid connected Solar Rooftop Power Plants ?
CFA are available only for following categories.
- 1. All type of residential buildings
- 2. Institutional : School health institutions including medical colleges & hospitals, universities, educational institutions etc.[including those registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and the Indian Trust Act 1882.
- 3.Social Sector Community centres, Welfare homes, old age homes, orphanages, common service centres, common workshops for artisans or craftsman, facilities for use of community. Trusts/ NGO voluntary organization /training institutions, any other establishments for common public use etc. [including those registered under the Societies Registration Act under the societies Registration act 1860 and the Indian Trust Act 1882.1
NO CFA is available for
- (a) Private Industrial and commercial Profit making establishments, which claim, accelerated depreciation.
- (i) Companies registered under the Company Act 1956/2013 other than registered under Section 25/8
- (ii) Company/firms registered with Central/state government authority (SIDC, DIC)
- (iii) Company. registered under Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) act 2008 iv) Partnerships firm registered under Partnerships Act 1932
- (iv) Shops and establishment Act f) Multi state cooperative society Act
- (v) SSI (Small Scale Industries) h) Proprietorship Firms
- (b) Government/Govt aided/SemiGovt/PSU organisations /Institutions.
How the consumer will be compensated for excess electricity injected in Grid by the Rooftop solar PV system installed?
- In case of electricity injected in the Grid exceeds the electricity consumed by the consumer in the billing period ( Monthly electricity bill ) ,such excess injected electricity shall be carried forward to the next billing period as electricity credit and may be utilised to net electricity injected or consumed in future billing periods but within the settlement period (-from 1st of April in an English calendar year and ending with the 31st of the March of next year ) .At the end of settlement period any electricity credits ,which remain unadjusted ,shall be paid at the applicable rate of by the distribution licensee.
Is any provision for availaing loans for solar rooftop systems available?
- Department of Financial services has instructed to all Public Sector Banks to encourage home loan/ home improvement loan seekers to install rooftop solar PV plants and include cost of system in their home loan proposals. So far, nine PSBs namely Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, Dena Bank , Central Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bank, Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank have given instructions to extend loan for Grid Interactive Rooftop Solar PV Plants as home loan/ home improvement loan.
In case of grid failure, is there any chance for shocks to the person who is repairing?
- In case the grid fails, the solar power has to be fully utilized or stopped immediately feeding to the grid so as to safe-guard any grid person/technician from getting shock (electrocuted) while working on the grid for maintenance etc. This feature is termed as ‘Islanding Protection’
What are the grid connectivity levels for such systems?
- The Projects under these guidelines fall within two broad categories i.e.(a) the projects connected to HT voltage at distribution network (i.e.11KV and above ) (b) the projects connected to LT voltage i.e. 400/415/440 volts (3-phase) as the case may be or 230 volts (1-phase). Accordingly, the projects may be under the following two categories.
Category 1: Projects connected at HT level (i.e.11KV and above ) of distribution network
The Projects with proposed installed capacity above 50 kW and upto 500 kW and connected at 11KV and above shall fall with in this category. The projects will have to follow appropriate technical connectivity standards in this regard.
Category 2: Projects connected at LT level (400 Volts-3 phase or 230 Volts-1 phase)
The Projects with proposed installed capacity of 50 KW and less than 50kW and connected of the grid at LT level (400/ 415/ 440 volts for 3-phase or 230V for1-phase)